Pulled Pork with Beans, Paprika & Treacle
A sweet and smokey American inspired pulled pork recipe that goes great served on fresh bread rolls with lashings of your favourite BBQ sauce
This is one of our favourites at True Bites HQ. I mean, what's not to like really? It's sweet, it's sticky and it's pulled pork. It's also super simple to make, especially in a slow cooker, all you have to do is chuck all the ingredients in and leave it to cook for a few hours. As with a good beef burger, pulled pork should always be served on a brioche bun, trust us, once you've gone brioche, you won't want to go back to regular burger buns. This one also works great topped with a nice coleslaw.
The key to great tasting pulled pork is quality ingredients, so please whenever you can use our British pork, it really will take your pulled pork to the next level. Give it a go and let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 1.50KG Pork Shoulder Joint
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Black Treacle
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 300ml Pork Stock
- 300ml Passate
- Pinch Chilli Powder
- 400g (1 Can) Butter Beans, drained
- Preheat the over to Gas Mark 4 (180C, 350F)
- Remove any string or rind from the joint carefully using a sharp knife.
- Line a roasting tin with foil and place the joint in it
- Scrunch the foil loosely around the joint.
- Mix together the paprika, treacle, sugar, stock, passata and chilli, and pour this in the tin.
- Cover the roasting tin completely with another piece of foil.
- Cook for around 3 hours, until the meat is lovely and tender.
- Remove the foil cover, open up the foil lining and add the butter beans.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes
- Pull the meat apart using 2 forks before serving.