A Simple Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
A simple yet delicious peppercorn sauce recipe that will push your steak dinners to the next level.
What You'll Need
- 2tbsp black peppercorns
- 4 Steaks of your choice.
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp brandy
- 150ml double cream or crème fraîche
1. Roughly crush the peppercorns (you can use a rolling pin to do this)
2. Put the crushed peppercorns into a plate and then press the steaks onto them so
that they are pressed onto the steak on either side
3. Place the butter and oil into a frying pan and heat up – cook steak to your taste. See our Guide to Cooking the Perfect Steak at Home.
4. Remove steaks from pan, leaving all the juices. Add the brandy to your frying pan,
take off the heat and set alight. When the flames have gone out, stir in the cream,
season and reheat slowly. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve.
- Serve over, or on the side of, a quality True Bites steak! Heaven.