Simple American Style Pancakes with Bacon
Get your taste-buds tingling with these salty and sweet simple American style pancakes. Enjoy these as a special indulgent breakfast, or a Shrove Tuesday treat.
- 250g True Bites Streaky Bacon,
- Maple Syrup,
- 1 Large Egg,
- 300ml Milk,
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Fry or grill the streaky bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Add the egg, milk and sugar to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a medium sized frying pan.
- Add a small about of batter to the pan. Keep your pancakes small (around 3-4 inches across) so you can stack a few up.
- Cook each pancake on a moderate heat until golden brown on the underside and then, the fun bit, flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
- Stack 3 or 4 pancakes on a plate, add a couple of rashers of streaky bacon on top, and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Scatter a few blueberry's on top if you're feeling a little guilty.