Get your taste-buds tingling with these salty and sweet simple American style pancakes. Enjoy these as a special indulgent breakfast, or a Shrove Tuesday treat.
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 10 Minutes
Total: 15 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 250g True Bites Streaky Bacon
- Maple syrup
- 200g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 300ml milk
- Fry or grill the streaky bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- Measure the milk into a jug, add the egg, and vanilla, and beat with a fork until mixed thoroughly.
- Make a well in your flour bowl and slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl as you whisk. Whisk until the batter is smooth and lump free.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a medium sized frying pan.
- Add a small about of the batter to the pan. Keep your pancakes small (around 3-4 inches across) so you can stack a few up.
- Cook each pancake on a moderate heat until golden brown on the underside and then, the fun bit, flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
- Stack 3 or 4 pancakes on a plate, add a couple of rashers of streaky bacon on top, and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Scatter a few blueberry's on top if you're feeling a little guilty.