In my humble opinion the best way to cook bacon is in a good non stick frying pan. You can easily control the heat and you can actually see what's going on, which is especially useful, if like me, you like your bacon crispy. After-all, it's a fine line between crispy and burnt to a crisp, and no one wants to be stood there wafting a kitchen towel at the smoke alarm when they could be getting their lips around a delicious bacon butty. The other great thing about pan fried bacon is that you get to dip/fry your bread in the delicious bacon fat that renders out while you're cooking.
- Remove bacon from packaging.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil (preferably olive oil) to a frying pan and place over a medium to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the bacon and cook high for 1 minute each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 2-3 minutes turning occasionally.
- If you like it crispy, cook it a bit longer.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot.
Oven Baked Bacon
Another option for cooking bacon is to Cook Bacon in The Oven, which is useful if you've got a lot of bacon to cook, or you're maybe looking to create less mess.
Cooking Bacon Under the Grill
Well, being as I've mentioned cooking bacon in the oven, it seems only fair to mention the grill. Cooking Bacon Under the Grill is great alternative to frying, especially if you're trying to avoid cooking in oil.
Serve as part of a full English breakfast or on a sandwich.
Please ensure that all products are cooked through and that the centre of the deepest part of the meat is piping hot before serving. Enjoy!