How to Cook Crispy Pork Belly with Crackling
Oven roasted crispy pork belly with the perfect crackling.
We often get asked by our customers about how to cook the perfect crispy pork belly with crackling. Shirley, our resident home cooking expert (and full time technical manager) is renowned for her delicious crispy pork belly, so we asked her for some advice. Here's her tips for making the perfect crispy pork belly.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 100 Minutes
What You'll Need
- True Bites Pork Belly Slices.
- Sea Salt.
- Take your pork belly and dry the rind with kitchen towel.
- Lightly salt the rind with sea salt.
- Place in baking dish and pop into a pre-heated oven at gas mark 8.
- Cook at gas mark 8 for 10-15 minutes or until the rind begins to bubble.
- Reduce to gas mark 1 for 60-90 minutes or until the meat turns white.
- Finish off at gas mark 8 for around 5 minutes to ensure the crackling is nice and crispy.
- Remove from oven and leave the meat to rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Don't forget to pre-heat the oven, the initial blast of heat is very important for the perfect crackling!