BBQ Flat Iron Steak with Herby Avocado Butter
Enjoy the wonderful premium taste of a Flat Iron steak, with a herby avocado butter topping. Serve with sweet potato chips and you're family will think they've been tranported to a top quality steakhouse for the night.
- 2 True Bites Flat Iron Steaks,
- 1 Ripe Avocado,
- 50g Softend Butter
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 - 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Brush both sides of the steaks will olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover the steaks and set them aside ready for cooking in a few minutes.
- Half, deseed, peel and dice the avocado. In a medium bowl combine the avocado, butter, juice of 1 lime, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper. Mash together using a folk.
- Once combined, taste the butter and check seasoning is good.
- Cook your Flat Iron Steaks medium rare using this guide "Ask the Butcher: How to Cook Perfect Steak at Home".
- Leave steaks to rest for 4-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve steak topped with a good spoonful of herby avocado butter, with the rest available for second helpings.
- If rosemary and thyme aren't your thing, just substitue for your favourite combination of any of these herbs: Basil/Sage/Parsley/Oragano/Tarragon/Bay Leaves, or even red pepper flakes.