Toad in the Hole Recipe
Thought we'd do a British classic this week with Toad in the Hole. Quick and simple recipe, but never fails to be a family crowd pleaser. Especially good as the winter nights start creeping in.
What You'll Need
- 1 Packet of True Bites Pork Sausages
- 100g flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 300ml milk
- 1tbsp melted butter
- Place the sausages in small shallow baking dish and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes at Gas Mark 7 (220C, 425F)
- While the sausage are starting to cook, sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the egg, half of the milk and beat to a smooth batter. Then, stir in the rest of the milk.
- Take the sausage from the oven, pour your batter over the sausage and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to Gas Mark 6 (200C, 400F) and continue to cook for a further 15-20 minutes, until the batter is browned and crisp.
- Dish up straight away.
- Why not spice it up by using a Pork and Chilli sausage, or even just something different to a straight pork sausage.
- Chicken breast sausage would work really well with gravy!