Make Your Own Sausage Rolls Recipe
Learn how to easily make your own sausage rolls at home. Perfect for that Great British party buffet anytime of year, but even better served hot on Christmas Eve.
What You'll need
- 400g ready-made all butter puff pastry
- 454g True Bites sausage meat
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/Gas Mark 7
- Roll out your pastry on a floured surface so that it forms an oblong, approx 45 x 30 cms.
- Cut your oblong into 3 strips 45 x 10 cms. Divide your sausage meat into 3 as well and form into 3 long rolls the same length as your strips of pastry.
- Place one roll of sausage meat onto your one strip of pastry. Brush some beaten egg along the one edge, then fold the pastry over and seal the two edges together. Turn your sausage roll over so that the sealed edge is on the bottom. You can then cut it into whatever size sausage rolls you prefer.
- Lightly score each sausage roll on the top and brush with beaten egg. Repeat this until you have used your pastry and sausage meat.
- Put your sausage rolls on a greased baking tray and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until they are a golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool down.
- Enjoy hot with lashings of your favourite sauce.