Pulled Pork with Beans, Paprika and Treacle Recipe
A sweet and smokey American inspired pulled pork recipe that goes great served on fresh bread rolls with lashings of your favourite BBQ sauce.
What You'll Need
- 1.5KG Pork Joint (preferably shoulder, but leg can work equalliy as well)
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Black Treacle
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 300ml Pork Stock
- 300ml Passate
- Pinch Chilli Powder
- 400g (1 Can) Butter Beans, drained
- Preheat the over to Gas Mark 4 (180C, 350F)
- Remove any string or rind from the joint carefully using a sharp knife.
- Line a roasting tin with foil and place the joint in it
- Scrunch the foil loosely around the joint.
- Mix together the paprika, treacle, sugar, stock, passata and chilli, and pour this in the tin.
- Cover the roasting tin completely with another piece of foil.
- Cook for around 3 hours, until the meat is lovely and tender.
- Remove the foil cover, open up the foil lining and add the butter beans.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes
- Pull the meat apart using 2 forks before serving.
- Serve on fresh chunky bread or baps with coleslaw
- Or serve, with mash