Pork Chops in Jerk Seasoning Recipe
A tasty Caribbean inspired meal. Prepare the night before for a quick midweek tea. Ideally served with potato wedges and a nice salad. Why not spice it up for a weekend treat.
What you'll need.
- 4 True Bites pork chops
- 1 tbs ground allspice
- 4 hot, deseeded, chilli peppers
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs fresh thyme leaves or 1 tbs ground thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients (except for the pork chops!) in a food processor or blender and mix until it is a thick, smooth paste.
- Spread half of the paste over the bottom of a shallow dish and then put the chops on top of this. Spread the rest of the paste of the top of the chops. Cover the dish and put it in the fridge for several hours so that the chops can marinate in the seasoning.
- When you're ready to cook your chops, place them under the grill on full for approximately 10-15 minutes on each side until they look nice and crisp and are cooked.
- This recipe is quite 'warm' so you can adjust the chilli peppers to your taste as you can the garlic and brown sugar.
- Use the seasoning on whatever you want, including chicken of course.
- Wear gloves for deseeding the chillis.