Lamb shanks in Minted Gravy Recipe
Get warm and cosy away from those long wintry nights with this really simple recipe for Lamb shanks with mint gravy. Suitable for 2 hungry adults.
What You'll Need
- 2 Best Quality Lamb shanks (Available to order here)
- 300ml beef gravy
- 3 tsps concentrated mint sauce (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (gas mark 6)
- Place lamb shanks in a lidded ovenproof dish and place in the oven for approx 30 minutes.
- Make your gravy and add the concentrated mint sauce to taste.
- Remove dish from the oven and drain away any excess liquid that may have cooked out of the lamb shanks.
- Add the minted gravy to the dish with the lamb shanks
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 150 degrees C/ Gas Mark 2 and cook for at least a further 90 minutes or until the shanks are tender. The meat should be starting to fall from the bone.
- The key to a great tasting dish is great quality ingredients, so please do try to source quality British lamb whenever you can.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- If you like it minty, just pop a load more mint sauce in, simple.
- If you're serving more guests, then just throw in more lamb shanks (1 per adult).