Lamb Keema Recipe
Aromatic lamb keema, with onion, garlic, tomatoes, fresh chillies and peas. Time to prepare: 20 minutes, Time to cook: 40 minutes.
What You'll Need
- 500g True Bites Lean Lamb Mince
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 3tbs garam masala or medium curry powder
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp white sugar
- 2tbs tomato purée
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 100g fresh of frozen peas
- large handful of freshly chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the ginger, chillies, cumin and garam masala or curry powder. Cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lamb mince and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and bring to the boil. Season, lower the heat and cook without a lid for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water, if needed.
- 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the peas.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with flat or naan bread or a chappati, plain basmati rice or poppadums and a selection of relishes. (I made onion salad)
- Why not serve on a jacket potato instead of rice?