Call us: 01952 872 120
What You'll Need
- 1KG Stewing Beef (Diced Shin would be ideal!)
- Salt & Pepper
- 30ml (2tbsp) Plain White Flour
- 45ml (3tbsp) Oil
- 700g Onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 225g diced Bacon (Bacon Bits would be ideal!)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 60ml (4tbsp) Hot Smoked Paprika
- 400g (1 can) Peeled Plum Tomatoes with Herbs
- 300ml Beef Stock
- Sour Cream and Chopped Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Toss the beef in seasoned flour to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep pan and quickly fry the meat in small batches until sealed and browned on all sides. Remove and place in a deep flameproof casserole dish.
- Fry the onions in the deep pan until that start to soften and turn folden. Then add to the beef in the casserole dish.
- Fry the bacon on a high heat until crisped. Then add to the beef and onion in the casserole dish.
- Stir the garlic and paprika into the casserole dish with the beef, onions and bacon. Cook for around 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and beef stock and let the start to simmer.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and cook in the oven at 170C (325F, Gas mark 3) for around 2 - 2 and a half hours, or until the meat is tender.
- To serve; stir in the sour cream and garnish with parsley (or just serve with crusty bread?)
- You may have to add extra beef stock during cooking just to stop the casserole drying out.
- You could leave it to cook all day on low (gas mark 1), or in a slow cooker. Beautiful smell to come home too!
- Works well served with noodles believe it or not!