Baked Pork Meatballs with a Cheesy Crumb Top Recipe
A quick and easy Italian style recipe to make around 15 meatballs. Serve with spagetti for a great mid week treat.
What You'll Need
- 500g True Bites Lean Pork Mince
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 400g Can of Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Italion Herb Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- 25g Breadcrumbs
- 50g Hard Cheese, grated.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (190C, 375F)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for around 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the mince in a large bowl, add the chopped basil and half the onion/garlic mixture.
- Mix well and shape into around 15 meatballs.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, ketchup and Italian herd seasoning to the remaining onion/garlic mixture.
- Pour the sauce into a family sized gratin dish
- Place the meatballs into the dish and spoon a little of the sauce over the top.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Top the meatballs with the breadcrumb mix and bake in the over for around 30 minutes, until the topping is golden and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with spaghetti or a fresh leaf salad and crusty bread.