Bacon and Cheese Omelette Recipe
Bacon and cheese omelette, a weekend breakfast treat or serve with a fresh salad for a mid week tea.
What You'll Need
- 3 slices of True Bites Dry Cured Streaky Bacon
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 eggs
- 5g butter
- olive oil
- salt black pepper
Method, per omelette:
- Cook the streaky bacon under the grill until browned. When cooked, cut into 1cm pieces and put to one side.
- Then, place a medium sized, non stick frying pan over a medium heat . Add a glug of olive oil and the butter.
- As soon as the butter starts to bubble, add the onion to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the onion starts to soften and go translucent. Be careful not to let the onion start to brown.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and mix together well with a fork together with the chopped streaky bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan. Using a spatula ,stir until the omelette begins to go firm and then add the grated cheese on top.
- Using a spatula, ease it around the edge of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown, remove from pan and serve.
- Nice with a dressed green salad and some fresh, crusty bread and butter.