Ask the Butcher: How to Cook Perfect Pork Belly with Crackling
Want to know the best way to cook pork belly at home with superb crackling.
- Score the rind of your pork belly with a sharp knife (Our Rustic Pork Belly Strips work great for this recipe as we've already scored them for you!)
- Lightly salt the rind.
- Place in baking dish and pop into a pre-heated overn at gas mark 8.
- Cook at gas mark 8 for 10-15 minutes or until the rind begins to bubble.
- Reduce to gas mark 1 for 60-90 minutes or until the meat turns white.
- Finish off at gas mark 8 for around 5 minutes to ensure the crackling is nice and crispy.
- Don't forget to pre-heat the oven, the initial blast of heat is very important for the perfect crackling!